About the Scholarship Program
PlantAmnesty's late founder, Cass Turnbull, was a champion of horticultural education and students of all skill levels. She provided space and opportunities for marginalized groups to have access to plants and plant care. To spread the love she had for pruning and to keep her legacy alive, PlantAmnesty is offering a full scholarship to our Master Pruner Program for five applicants each year.
Selected Students Receive
Free tuition to the required twelve 2-hour scientifically accurate classes and three hands-on workshops to complete the Master Pruner Program.
- Tree Pruning I and II
- Shrubs I, II, and III
- Fruit Trees
- Art or Atrocity
- How to Prune and Renovate the Overgrown Garden
- Rehabilitative Pruning
- Choice of 3 of our elective classes
- Access to PlantAmnesty's community of enthusiastic instructors and students
- Year-long PlantAmnesty Membership
- Access to our Resource Library with hundreds of pruning and gardening resources
- Access to our Adopt-A-Plant Listings
- Quarterly member newsletter
To Apply/Dates to Note
- Scholarship applications open December 1st.
- Application due December 20th.
There will be potential for a Zoom interview by selected PlantAmnesty staff & board in the first week of January.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by January 15th.
- Global Majority, women, and LQBTQ persons encouraged to apply!