Although only PlantAmnesty members have access to these orphans to add to their gardens, anyone may list plants, or other garden-related items, for adoption — and we hope you will. If you have a tree that is not a candidate for the Adopt-A-Plant service, perhaps an arborist, gardener or a professional digger from our Referral Service may be of some help.
- Plants that don't transplant well (i.e. Magnolias, Madrones, Daphne, and Camelia)
- Native Volunteer Plants (i.e. Big Leaf Maples, Douglas Fir, or Western Red Cedar)
- No Plants taller than 10 feet
- No Invasive species
- No Houseplants
- No Butterfly Bush, Heavenly Bamboo, Mint
Information for Submissions
We're always interested in helping re-home healthy, safe, non-invasive plants. Here is some of the information we need to post an ad:
- For best results please include the common and species or variety name
- Sizes (e.g. 5ft high, 8ft wide)
- Location (Neighborhood or City)
- Accessibility (e.g. Front yard, easy access or; under larger tree, limited space.)
- Characteristics (What makes this plant special)
- Please specify if you have a photo you would like to include
Listings will remain visible for 60 days unless you let us know the plants are unavailable beforehand.