Sunday, May 14, 10am - 12noon
Fruit Tree Field Day
Saturday, June 24
10am to 3pm
Conifer Walk with Van Bobbitt
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Green Lake Park, Seattle
Urban Forest Symposium
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Center for Urban Horticulture
To see more great articles about pruning, trees, gardening, and related topics click here!
Check out our Urban Forest Gateway - a resource listing green businesses, government agencies, nonprofits, educational institutions, and others.
6 Ways to Kill Your Tree
By Cass Turnbull
1. DO NOT FORGET TO WATER
2. DO NOT TRENCH, COVER UP, OR COMPACT THE SOIL IN THE ROOT ZONE.
3. DO NOT LEAVE ON TIP STAKE TIES TO GIRDLE THE TREE.
4. DO NOT PLANT A BIG TREE IN A SMALL SPACE.
Find out how tall and wide your tree species gets and give it that much room. Never plant tall trees under wires. This dooms them to mutilation and certain death.
5. DO NOT TOP YOUR TREE OR MAKE REPEATED HEADING CUTS (CUT BRANCH TIPS).
6. DO NOT WEED-EAT THE BARK OR BASH THE TRUNK WITH THE MOWER.